We just finished a studio remodel and had to share it with all of you! Well, we actually did the remodel back in the Spring but I just got around to posting! We have been blessed to have an in house studio here at Stacey Hansen Photography. It sure makes newborn and children’s sessions super easy and convenient. Plus, it’s warm! We are in love with this new look! A huge thanks to my husband, Andy, for all his hard work in helping me remodel! Logan Utah Indoor Photography Studio
This was long over due. Don’t get me wrong, the studio was awesome before. But this new look just makes it more bright, clean and better for an indoor photography studio. I have to send a HUGE shout out to my hubby for all his effort and work. When I decided to do this remodel I had a few weekends in a row that would make the work perfect and not rushed. Flooring too longer than expected and pushed us out which meant that I had a one weekend window to get the old floor out and the new one in!
Here’s the upgrades we made and some fun before and after photos:
- New floor! We went from Carpet to Hard wood white flooring from Instock Flooring. We actually use this floor in a lot of our photos now! I love the clean look and I’m getting used to the hard wood. It’s a little different from carpet but it makes cake smash clean up soooo much better! My husband, Andy, and I pulled up the carpet, pad and glue. Then Andy and my dad helped with the installation. It was actually pretty easy to install and went pretty fast! I appreciate the two of them jumping in when asked to get this project done!
- White Walls – The new painted white walls really brighten the room up. Since I am still working full-time during the day, we shoot most of our sessions in the evening when the light outside isn’t ideal. The white walls totally brightened the room up and makes it look sleek! It took a couple (ok like 4) coats of paint to cover and look good enough but once it was done I fell in love with white again. Andy and I painted most of it and my sister Shayna helped on a coat or two.
- New light! We took down the old household light and put in a square LED light. It also helped brighten it up! The light was inexpensive and fairly easy to install! We got that from Lowes!
- New Canvas Prints! We couldn’t remodel the studio without hanging some new photos. We choose mostly newborn and kids photos since that’s the type of photography we do in the studio.
- Organized the Props and Closets – This was actually a chore. I had to google search a bunch of options for organization of my swaddles/wraps, backdrops and props. It’s still a work in progress and not everything fits in the studio or closets BUT I am loving this set up way more than before! Those hangers for the wraps are awesome! They are just scarf hangers! Genius! I got those on Amazon!
- We rearranged the layout. The backdrop set up stayed the same but the couch and desk moved. The couch is now easier to utilize while I’m shooting. Parents, grandparents, siblings etc. can now hang out and sit on the couch and still see me in action with their kids! My Desk isn’t hidden as well but that means I keep it clean and free from clutter!
Logan Utah Indoor Photography Studio
Logan Utah Indoor Photography Studio – Session Info
Photographer: Stacey Hansen Photography | Location: Hyrum Utah
Contact Stacey Hansen Photography to book your family session. We can help capture your extended family session or a family of 3, and we have a price that will work for your budget! We capture your special moments, posed pictures and some fun photos in between. There is never a better time to book photos than NOW. Call us today, don’t wait… get those family pictures taken soon!
You can see more family pictures in our Family Gallery!
StaceyHansenPhotography@outlook.com | 435-770-8608