Our Annual Hansen camping trip / Family reunion was in August! This year we branched out and decided to adventure to the Oregon Coast and man it was a beautiful area! We rented an AirBNB in Tillamook and stayed there for 5 nights. It was a beautiful house with 5 bedrooms 2 full baths and a half bath. Hot tub as well! It was a great space to stay and was close to a beach access and made things easy! Hansen “Camping” Trip 2022 Oregon Coast
I’m not sure if I’ve every posted this with all the blog posts I’ve done on our Hansen Family Reunion so I’m putting it here! We switch off planning these every year and deciding where to go! This year my sister in law Angela and her husband Jordan got to plan (though we all put input into going that far). We are up for next year so if anyone has fun travel ideas for families with kids let us know!
Here’s a quick recap of some of our favorite things we did!
- Beach fun – It was cold. I knew it would be cold but it was even colder than expected. Pretty though!
- Family pictures! Stay tuned for another post!
- Crabbing – This was a favorite of mine! We caught so many crab but only got to keep 5 because of size and most of what we caught were female. The marina cooked these for us and then Andy cooked an amazing dinner with Steak, Crab, Oysters, Bread, and Corn on the cob. It was Delicious! We went to Jetty Fishery Marina for Crabbing and it was an awesome experience.
- Cape Meares Light house
- Cannon Beach – I have to admit I was slightly disappointed here. We got there later in the day hoping to watch the sunset and it was cloudy. We got our Kite out and let the kids fly that so it was fun but the Beach wasn’t anything marvelous like I expected. And this was one of the main stops on my bucket list for this trip. Haystack Rock was enormous but it just didn’t hit the spot like I expected.
- Tillamook Air Museum
- Sea Creatures – We woke up early to get to the beach at low tide and it was so fun to walk around and see star fish. crab, Anemone and lots of sand dollars. One of my favorite events of the week. Andy, Jordan and the older kids went out twice. The one day they went without everyone was cold and they had to get up even earlier! We got up and out by 7:30 I think so it wasn’t bad. It was great weather too!
- Tillamook Factory Tour – Got to try some fresh Tillamook Ice cream too!
- Seaside Aquarium – This was WAY WAY smaller than I expected. not sure it was worth it but the kids had fun. Kip loved the octopus.
- Astoria Column – This was way more fun that I expected and we almost didn’t go. Beautiful views 360 degrees around! 164 steps to the top and Kip and Kira did great going up. Kip even went up without being carried he was that determined to go. Kip got to fly some airplanes with Andy from the top and it was fun to watch. Karson had fallen asleep in the car so Grandma stayed with him. I have to say I was a little wearily and maybe slightly scared of heights at the top!
- We drove by the Oregon Film Museum with the Goonies jail. We didn’t go in.
- Wreck of the Peter Iredale – Ship wreck on the beach. This was a super nice beach and fun place. The kids loved it. And it was neat to see a ship wreck you could walk around.
- Seafood – We ate out a local seafood joint one night and it was fantastic and expensive of course.
- We also celebrated birthdays! Maria, Angela and Kira all have August birthdays so we did a mini party for them.
- Fishing for treats / prizes with Auntie
After our 5 days in Tillamook / Oregon, we ventured down into Northern California and into the Redwoods. We drove the Oregon Coast highway and it was beautiful but misty / foggy off and on. I’m sure that’s normal but we didn’t expect it. The Redwoods were amazing. So Massive! We didn’t get to spend much time there before driving home but we did a few short hikes and looked at some of the groves of trees.
12 hours in the Car on the way there and about 15 on the way home (maybe more?). The kids did great for being in the car and we loved spending time with family. A great Hansen Family Reunion Week in the bag.
Here’s a recap of where we’ve been in the past!
2021: Eden, Utah | 2020: Black Smith Fork Canyon, Utah | 2019: St Charles Canyon, Idaho | 2018: Wahweap Arizona, Lake Powell | 2017: Island Park, Idaho | 2016: Mirror Lake, Utah | 2015: Deer Creek, Utah (I think!)
Hansen “Camping” Trip 2022 Oregon Coast
Hansen “Camping” Trip 2022 Oregon Coast
Photographer: Stacey Hansen Photography – These are all cell phone pictures 🙂
Contact Stacey Hansen Photography to book your family session. We can help capture your extended family session, family of 3 and anywhere in between! We have a price that will work for your budget! Pricing starts at $125 for a mini session and goes up to $250 or $425+ for larger groups! We capture your special moments, posed pictures and some fun photos in between. We love different group photos, parents, kids, girls, boys, those silly shots and of course the canvas printed standard family photo that you will cherish forever! There is never a better time to book photos than NOW. Call us today! Don’t wait!You can see more family pictures in our Family Gallery!
One thought on “Hansen “Camping” Trip 2022 Oregon Coast”
Comments are closed.